- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Oprah Winfrey, Reese Witherspoon and Mindy Kaling are the A-listers surrounding rising actress Storm Reid, who is leading the cast of the studio’s take on Madeleine L’Engle’s famous children’s book. Gugu Mbatha-Raw is also on the roll call.
The Newbery Medal-winning book centers on Meg Murry (Reid), a young girl traumatized by the disappearance of her scientist father years before. She finds herself on an interplanetary journey with a schoolmate and her younger brother to find her father. They are aided by a trio of supernatural beings, Mrs. Whatsit (Witherspoon), Mrs. Who (Kaling) and Mrs. Which (Winfrey).
Pine will play the father, with Mbatha-Raw as his wife.
Shooting is set to begin later this fall in Los Angeles.
Pine had a banner summer. The actor starred in Hell or High Water, the sleeper hit of the summer, as well as in Star Trek Beyond, which generated strong reviews and righted the franchise back on course.
Earlier in the year, he starred in Disney’s Coast Guard drama, The Finest Hours. He next will be seen as Steve Trevor in Wonder Woman, which opens June 2, 2017.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day