- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Universal’s adaptation of Cowboy Ninja Viking, starring Chris Pratt, will hit theaters on June 28, 2019, the beginning of the lucrative July Fourth holiday corridor.
That’s welcome news for fans of the Image Comics graphic novel. The film, which has been in the works since 2014, is finally a go, with Michael De Luca coming aboard as one of the producers alongside Guymon Casady, Mark Gordon and Pratt.
Pratt (Guardians of the Galaxy, Jurassic World) stars as a new kind of assassin who manifests the toughest skills of three different personas. The graphic novel is from AJ Lieberman and illustrator Riley Rossmo.
Cowboy Ninja Viking further strengthens the relationship between Pratt and Universal, home of the Jurassic World franchise. The project is out to directors.
Pratt, who first became interested in Cowboy Ninja in 2014, is one of Hollywood’s most in-demand actors and has a full dance card. He was in theaters this summer in Disney and Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. He’ll make an appearance in The Avengers: Infinity War, which is set to bow May 4, 2018, while Jurassic World: Hidden Kingdom is slated to open June 22, 2018.
So far, the only other film scheduled to open on June 28, 2019, is Paramount’s untitled Transformers 7.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Tonight Show