- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Samuel L. Jackson also voice-stars in the animated feature as a new character, Vic, who is Garfield’s father. The project hails from Andrew Kosove and Broderick Johnson’s Alcon Entertainment, with Sony distributing globally (excluding China). DNEG Animation is behind the project. Finding Nemo scribe David Reynolds penned the script, with Chicken Little filmmaker Mark Dindal directing.
Jim Davis created Garfield as a comic strip character in 1978, with the lazy orange cat causing trouble for his human owner, Jon Arbuckle, and Jon’s dog, Odie. After debuting in 41 newspapers, the character grew into a cultural icon and the strip holds the record as the most widely syndicated comic strip in the world.
Bill Murray previously voiced Garfield in two CGI-live-action hybrids, the 2004 film Garfield and 2006’s Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties, both released by 20th Century Fox.
Pratt is coming off of Jurassic World Dominion and Thor: Love and Thunder this summer. On the animation side, he is also attached to voice the popular video game hero Super Mario. He previously voice-starred in The Lego Movie films and Pixar’s Onward.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day