- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The comedian, whose Netflix stand-up special Chris Tucker: Live debuted on Friday, noted that he made the international trip with his son, who is currently learning to speak Mandarin Chinese in high school.
Therefore, Tucker called on “the only person I know in China,” Chan, with whom he starred in the New Line buddy cop trilogy. The action-comedy films — released in 1998, 2001 and 2007, and which grossed over $849 million worldwide — are currently being rebooted into a CBS series.
“Jackie took care of us — we went to a different restaurant every night,” Tucker recalled. “He’s the man. Jackie owns everything. He’s like, ‘You like hotel? That’s my hotel!’ … He walks around with like 15 people, and I’m in the back of the 15 people. ‘Jackie, wait up! Hold up! This don’t look right, we’re supposed to be together!’ “
Their reunion wrapped with an extensive karaoke session, complete with Tucker’s covers of Michael Jackson’s hits.
Watch the video below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day