- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Waltz is close to finalizing his deal to play the father of Chris Pine. The father-son duo will be a new set of mean employers in New Line’s sequel to its 2011 hit comedy.
Sean Anders and John Morris, hot off of penning New Line’s surprise comedy hit We’re the Millers, are directing and producing the comedy, respectively.
Jason Bateman, Jason Sudeikis, Charlie Day and Jamie Foxx are set to reprise their roles in the workplace comedy.
Also returning are Jennifer Aniston and Kevin Spacey, whose deals are expected to close Monday. The company is hoping to release the movie in November 2014.
Waltz was initially approached for the part but passed as he thought the offer too low and was trying to fit a play into his schedule.
Eventually, a deal was sorted out.
Also producing are Brett Ratner, Jay Stern, John Morris, John Rickard and Chris Bender.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day