- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
According to sources quoted in the Daily Mail, Waltz will have a “significant role” in the film, with him playing a “nemesis of sorts” and possessing “extreme cunning.” The paper also claims that Waltz has met with Daniel Craig and producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson.
The Hollywood Reporter has reached out to both Bond production company Eon and Waltz’s agent. Both have yet to comment.
Read more Christoph Waltz Picks ‘Tulip Fever’
If confirmed, Waltz will join a cast thought to include Naomie Harris, Ralph Fiennes and Ben Whishaw, returning from the previous 007 outing Skyfall. Last month, rumors emerged that Lea Seydoux had been cast as the film’s main female star, although no formal lineup has been confirmed.
Bond 24 is expected to begin production at London’s Pinewood Studios in the coming weeks, with a source telling THR that it would occupy the same studio space used by Star Wars: The Force Awakens, which recently wrapped. Morocco is also believed to be another chosen location.
The film will open in U.K. cinemas Oct. 23 next year, followed by a U.S. launch two weeks later on Nov. 6.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Weird Al Yankovic
Freddie Prinze Jr.