- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It appears Dr. Emmett Brown is a fan of Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders.
On Wednesday afternoon — also Back to the Future Day, as it is the moment Marty McFly travels to from 1985 — Sanders posted a picture over social media with actor Christopher Lloyd dressed as his iconic character.
Tell me, future boy, who’s President of the United States in 2017? “Bernie Sanders.” Bernie Sanders?! From Vermont? pic.twitter.com/saXRY3aguV
— Bernie Sanders (@BernieSanders) October 21, 2015
Lloyd’s agent, Bob Gersh, confirmed it was Lloyd but offered no other details.
Sanders wasn’t the only politician talking about the revered time-traveling franchise, as President Barack Obama also got in on the fun.
Happy Back to the Future Day, @RealMikeFox! Ever think about the fact that we live in the future we dreamed of then? That’s heavy, man.
— President Obama (@POTUS) October 21, 2015
It was all Back to the Future, all day. Multiple products inspired by the second installment of the series were released Wednesday, including futuristic Pepsi Perfect bottles and power-laced shoes, which Nike said would be available next spring through auction. All proceeds for the shoes go to the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research, according to Nike.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day