- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The deal involving Paramount Pictures and Warner Bros. will see a super-sized 70mm film version of the sci-fi epic play in 240 theaters, including on Imax screens, across North America starting on Nov. 5. Select Imax theaters will feature Interstellar in a 70mm format, while other advanced screenings will feature the 70mm or 35mm film formats.
Interstellar, shot in part with Imax cameras, stars Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway and Jessica Chastain. The movie follows a team of explorers traveling beyond this galaxy to discover whether mankind has a future among the stars.
“To see Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar on the big screen is an unforgettable moviegoing experience,” said Rob Moore, vice chairman of Paramount Pictures, in a statement on Wednesday.
Interstellar is written by Jonathan Nolan and Christopher Nolan, and produced by Emma Thomas, Christopher Nolan and Lynda Obst.
Oct. 1, 1:30 p.m. Updated with new information about Interstellar being shown in film formats.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day