- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Unsolicited relationship advice is rarely welcome. One of the primary exceptions being when it comes from the mouth Christopher Plummer.
In a clip from A24’s WWII espionage thriller The Exception, Plummer, playing German monarch Kaiser Wilhelm II, offers some hard-won wisdom to his house maid (Lily James) on her relationship with German solider Stefan (Jai Courtney).
The Kaiser offers a story of his own about young unrequited love, which ended with the girl of his dreams marrying a Romanov, ominously adding, “Be careful what you wish for.”
The feature, from director David Leveaux, follows Stefan while he attempts to gather intel on the reclusive Kaiser, but things get complicated when he falls for the housemaid Mieke, who is revealed to be Jewish.
The Exception is available now, exclusively, on DirecTV, and will hit theaters on June 2.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day