- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In Disney’s live-action/animation blend, Walken will voice King Louie, the ruler of a group of apes and monkeys. Esposito will voice Akela, the leader of a wolf pack.
The film will feature mostly characters created with CG and voiced by actors. The only actor who will appear onscreen is 10-year-old newcomer Neel Sethi, who will play Mowgli, the young boy at the center of the tale. The voice cast includes Ben Kingsley as the black panther Bagheera, Idris Elba as the villainous tiger Shere Khan, Lupita Nyong’o as the mother wolf Raksha, and Scarlett Johansson as the python Kaa.
Esposito is arguably best known for his role as Gus Fring in Breaking Bad.
Disney’s Jungle Book is directed by Jon Favreau from a script by Justin Marks. It will be released in 3D and hits theaters Oct. 9, 2015. A live-action version of the Rudyard Kipling classic is in the works at Warner Bros. with Andy Serkis directing.
Walken and Esposito are repped by ICM Partners.
Giancarlo Esposito / Credit: AP Images
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day