- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Based on true events, the film focuses on a David-and-Goliath battle between a small-town Saskatchewan farmer, played by Walken, and a major conglomerate, with Ricci in the role of an anti-GMO activist.
When the company’s genetically modified canola is found in the farmer’s crop, he takes the multinational to court in a battle to protect farmers’ rights and the world’s food supply against corporate greed. The ensemble cast includes Roberta Maxwell, Adam Beach, Luke Kirby, Martin Donovan and Peter Stebbings.
The screenplay for Percy, which is shooting in Canada and India, was penned by Hilary Pryor and Garfield L. Miller. The pic is being produced by Daniel Bekerman, Ian Dimerman, Brendon Sawatzky, Pryor and Miller.
Executive producers include Ethan Lazar, William Santor, Andrew Chang-Sang for financier Productivity Media, Kevin Hoiseth for sales agent Concourse Media, Christopher Yurkovich and Alex Ordanis.
Walken is repped by ICM Partners; Ricci is repped by ICM Partners and managed by Untitled Entertainment; and Johnson is repped by United Talent Agency.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Ticket to Paradise
Karlovy Vary International Film Festival