- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Christopher Walken and Robert De Niro are ready to wage war.
The Oscar-winning actors will play best friends in the comedy The War With Grandpa, which centers on a boy who reluctantly gives up his bedroom for his widowed grandfather but tries to run him out with a series of pranks.
Alvin and the Chipmunks director Tim Hill will helm the adaption of the Robert Kimmel Smith book. Phillip Glasser, Marvin Peart and Rosa Morris Peart will produce, with Jane Rosenthal and Barry Welsh executive producing.
Marro Films is financing the feature, which will be distributed by Dimension. War With Grandpa is set to hit theaters nationwide April 21, 2017.
Walken and De Niro shared the screen in 1978’s The Deer Hunter, which earned both actors Oscar nominations. Walken tookhome the gold statuette for best actor in a supporting role for Michael Cimino’s drama.
Walken swung onto the screen this April, voicing the iconic King Louie in Jon Favreau’s CG/live-action take on Disney’s The Jungle Book. He is repped by ICM.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day