- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Chuck Russell is set to direct The Hunchback, starring Max Ryan. Ryan, known for his roles in Sex and the City 2 and Death Race, has co-written the project, inspired by Victor Hugo‘s novel The Hunchback of Notre Dame, with Julio Ponce-Palmieri.
Russell also will produce along with Ted Fields, Aldo LaPietra and Jonah Loop under the banners of Quercus Enterprises, Radar Pictures and Loop Films. Mike Weber is executive producer, and Eustace Montgomery Hicks is serving as co-producer.
The production is slated to begin filming in Serbia next year, with Radar Pictures overseeing domestic distribution.
Russell, whose credits include The Mask and The Scorpion King, is repped by Verve and attorney Peter Grossman. Ryan is repped by Shahrokh Sheik of Kramer Holcomb Sheik, who is also representing the production.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Universal Music Group