- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Two sadistic anthropomorphic dolls are always better than one, right?
“I am hoping that at some future point we have Annabelle and Chucky team up,” Mancini told USA Today. “I can see that [even] in 20 years from now.”
The Child’s Play franchise hasn’t made its way to the big screen since 2004’s Seed of Chucky, which made $24.8 million worldwide. Curse of Chucky was released on VOD in October 2013.
Read more ‘Annabelle’: What the Critics Are Saying
An obstacle for a killer mash-up in the vein of Freddy vs. Jason could be the fact that Annabelle and the Child’s Play franchise are with two different studios, potentially leading to “years’ worth of red tape.” But Mancini said he and the franchise’s team would be “very into it” if the details could be ironed out.
And who would win in a battle between the two playthings? Mancini won’t pick sides, but he does warn Annabelle not to get romantically attached to Chucky, given that his love interest — introduced in 1998’s Bride of Chucky — doesn’t take kindly to friendly competition. “If I were Annabelle, I’d be watching my back,” Mancini joked.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day