- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Cinépolis and CJ 4DPlex have reached an agreement to bring CJ’s 4D cinema system 4DX to at least 12 additional screens in the U.S., India, Spain and across Latin America by the end of 2017.
4DX uses motion-activated seats along with special effects including wind, fog and rain.
Five of the sites will open in the U.S., Mexico, Spain and Chile by the end of 2016, including one in Carlsbad, Calif., and one in Pico Rivera, Los Angeles County.
There are currently 49 4DX auditoriums operating in Cinepolis sites in 10 countries.
In total, Seoul-headquartered CJ’s 4DX systems are offered by theater owners in 41 countries.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
‘Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves’ Filmmakers Talk the ‘Freaks and Geeks’ Reunion and That A-List Cameo
‘Prisoner in His Palace,’ Film About Saddam Hussein’s Final Days, Set by ‘Chernobyl’ Director Johan Renck, Fremantle
‘Murder Mystery 2’ Review: Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston in Netflix Sequel That Leaves No Room for Laughs