- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A release later this year is planned.
The film is the latest major studio film to launch on a streamer amid the ongoing fallout from the pandemic. With the box office back and running, this summer’s theatrical release calendar is particularly crowded when it comes to family fare.
Cinderella was set to dance its way on the big screen in June.
Directed by Kay Cannon (Blockers) from her screenplay and with a story by James Corden and produced by Corden, Cinderella stars Camila Cabello in the title role, alongside Billy Porter, Idina Menzel, Pierce Brosnan, Minnie Driver and Missy Elliott. Corden, whose London-based banner Fulwell 73 (The Late Late Show) is producing together with Jonathan Kadin, also stars.
Throughout the pandemic, Sony has sold off a number of its movies to streamers.
The studio will reserve certain licensing rights to Cinderella, similar to other deals it has structured.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day