- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Indie distributor Cinedigm has signed a multiyear, multipicture, first-look deal with Brand Inc. Entertainment, the two companies announced Wednesday.
Brand Inc. will produce at least four cast-driven films a year for the distributor across a range of genres, including family, kids, faith, action and holiday. The 12-picture, three-year deal sees Cinedigm have all North American rights to the movies, including theatrical, digital, VOD and physical home entertainment.
Brand Inc., launched in 2013 by Christopher Barish and Jim Valdez, has three upcoming 2015 releases: Zoey to the Max, which stars Amy Smart and Grant Bowler; Little Loopers, with Rob Morrow and Natalie Imbruglia; and the Kevin Nealon-starrer Ghost Squad.
“We are thrilled to be a part of the Cinedigm family and to have in them a like-minded partner with a proven record of success,” Barish said in a statement.
Cinedigm will distribute the Brand Inc. films to digital platforms such as CONtv, a Comic Con-branded channel to launch in early 2015, and Dove Movie Channel, a partnership with The Dove Foundation aimed at faith and family audiences.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Zar Amir Ebrahimi
Winnie-the-Pooh: Blood and Honey
Your Place or Mine