- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sylvester Stallone will be honored with the CinemaCon Career Achievement Award at the annual gathering of theaters this week in Las Vegas.
CinemaCon, which got underway Monday, concludes with the awards gala April 26.
The show, hosted by the National Association of Theatre Owners at Caesars Palace, is drawing a bigger-than-usual studio presence this year, with all six majors — Disney, Fox, Paramount, Sony, Universal and Warners — on hand to preview their upcoming slates, beginning with Paramount on Monday night.
Stallone will next be in theaters with Lionsgate’s The Expendables 2, which opens Aug. 17. He stars opposite Bruce Willis, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Liam Hemsworth, Scott Adkins, Chuck Norris, Jean Claude Van Damme and Yu Nan in the sequel to surprise 2010 hit.
“Sylvester Stallone has proven himself time and time again to be a prolific actor, writer and director over the years,” CinemaCon general manager Mitch Neuhauser said. “Throughout his incredible career spanning nearly 40 years, Sylvester has established his ability to continually captivate his audiences.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day