- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“With this summer’s Star Trek Into Darkness … and then at year’s end, with the release of Jack Ryan, without a doubt 2013 is going to be Chris Pine’s year,” CinemaCon managing director Mitch Neuhauser said Thursday. “Chris Pine has emerged as one of Hollywood’s hottest and most accomplished young actors, and CinemaCon is thrilled to honor him as its 2013 Male Star of the Year.”
Pine most recently voiced Jack Frost in Rise of the Guardians and has starred in the films People Like Us, This Means War and Unstoppable. Pine will rejoin fellow castmates Zoe Saldana and Zachary Quinto in the upcoming Star Trek sequel, Star Trek Into Darkness, which hits theaters May 17.
He also will star as the title character in Jack Ryan, the latest film based on the action hero from Tom Clancy’s book series. Co-starring Keira Knightley and Kevin Costner, the film opens wide on Christmas Day.
CinemaCon will take place from April 15-18 in Las Vegas. Pine will receive his award during the closing-night gala.
Organizers said last week that The Lone Ranger star Armie Hammer will be honored at the ceremony with the Male Star of Tomorrow award.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day