- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Awards season is not over yet! The grand finale for the fashion set comes June 6 at New York City’s Hammerstein Ballroom, and it’s shaping up to be quite the star-studded affair. The Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) Fashion Awards are where two years ago Rihanna wore that naked dress to pick up the Fashion Icon Award, and while there’s no word yet on this year’s winners, the evening’s lineup is looking quite impressive.
The CFDA announced on its website that it has called on actress Claire Danes to present the Womenswear Designer of the Year award, for which Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen’s The Row is nominated for the fifth time. Meanwhile, Alexander Skarsgard will present the award for the Menswear Designer of the Year.
Everyone’s favorite funny chicks, Ilana Glazer and Abbi Jacobson of Broad City, are set to present Accessory Designer of the Year. In addition, Michael C. Hall is performing a tribute to the late David Bowie, one of entertainment’s most influential fashion icons. The singer is posthumously receiving the Board of Directors’ Tribute Award, which Tilda Swinton will accept on his behalf.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day