- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Warner Bros. is moving up director Robert Lorenz‘s Trouble With the Curve baseball pic by one week, from Sept. 28 to Sept. 21.
The father-daughter sports drama stars Clint Eastwood and Amy Adams and marks Eastwood’s first acting role since his acclaimed performance in the Gran Torino in 2008. It’s also the first film he’s starred in that he hasn’t directed since In the Line of Fire.
Lorenz is Eastwood’s longtime producing partner. Trouble With the Curve — positioned to take advantage of baseball playoffs — marks Lorenz’s feature directorial debut.
Trouble With the Curve also stars Justin Timberlake, Matthew Lillard, John Goodman and Joe Massingill.
Written by Randy Brown, Trouble With the Curve stars Eastwood as an Atlanta Braves baseball scout who brings his daughter (Adams) on his final trip to woo a younger player (Massingill). The situation becomes complicated when he and his daughter encounter a rival scout (Timberlake).
Eastwood and Lorenz produced the film.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Zurich Film Festival
Santa Barbara International Film Festival