- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The film, directed by Eastwood, stars Tom Hanks and is set to hit theaters Sept. 9, 2016. It will also be shown in Imax.
Sully tells the story of American pilot Chesley “Sully” Sullenberger, who landed U.S. Airways Flight 1549 in the Hudson River in January 2009.
Sullenberger and his crew had just taken off from New York’s LaGuardia Airport when both engines were knocked out by a flock of Canada geese. He quickly realized there was no time to return to LaGuardia or reach another airport, so he made the decision to attempt a water landing on the Hudson. The plan worked and all 155 people on board survived.
The veteran pilot said in a previous statement: “I am very glad my story is in the hands of gifted storyteller and filmmaker Clint Eastwood, and veteran producers Allyn Stewart and Frank Marshall. The project could not have found a better home than Warner Bros. Pictures. This is truly a dream team.”
Jamey Sheridan, Aaron Eckhart and Laura Linney also star in the Todd Komarnicki-written pic. Eastwood, Stewart, Marshall and Tim Moore are producing.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day