- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Erica Rivinoja has been tapped to write the screenplay for Universal’s Untitled Girl’s Trip Project.
The Best Man Holiday helmer Malcolm D. Lee will direct the film, while William Packer (Ride Along, Think Like a Man) will produce via his Will Packer Productions banner.
Plot details are currently being kept under wraps, but production will begin in New Orleans in the summer.
Lee’s The Best Man Holiday was a strong hit for Universal after it opened in mid-November to $30.1 million. It’s grossed more than $71 million to date.
Rivinoja was a writer on Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2. She’s also worked on several TV projects and has an overall deal with Sony. She worked on Comedy Central’s South Park for 11 seasons, working her way up from staff writer to producer. She was previously a co-executive producer on NBC’s Up All Night and most recently held that title on CBS’s Bad Teacher. Rivinoja is repped by UTA and attorney Ken Richman.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day