- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“I would like to preface this by saying that what was unfortunate about reading through this for the first time — I just would also like to say that I just got this — was that I realized that I talk like this, which is a bummer,” said Gyllenhaal before he started reading the Clueless lines.
The actors recited the lines from Cher’s speech in her classroom about Haitian immigration, which she compared to a party at her parents’ house.
“The more the merrier,” said Dano in a deadpan voice. “If the government could just get into the kitchen and rearrange some things, we could certainly party with the Haitians,” continued Cooper with a fast delivery.
An enthusiastic Rogen jumped in, “It does not say RSVP on the Statue of Liberty.”
Here’s a look at the original speech:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Santa Barbara International Film Festival