- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Cobie Smulders is in final negotiations to take on a role in Marvel’s The Avengers. Disney will release the superhero ensemble film, which is being written and directed by Joss Whedon, on May 4, 2012.
Smulders will play a key member of the espionage agency SHIELD, run by Nick Fury, who appeared in the first two Iron Man films in the guise of Samuel L. Jackson. Like Jackson, Smulders will have a slew of options on her for the character, which could extend through any number of other Marvel Universe film projects.
Heat Vision wrote about the screen tests for the role that Marvel conducted last week.
Smulder would join Scarlett Johansson (as the Black Widow), Robert Downey Jr. (Iron Man), Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye), Chris Evans (Captain America), Mark Ruffalo (Hulk) and Chris Hemsworth (Thor). Avengers is scheduled to start shooting in late April.
Repped by UTA and ROAR, Smulders stars on the CBS series How I Met Your Mother.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day