- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
FilmDistrict will release revenge thriller Dead Man Down in theaters April 5.
The film reteams director Niels Arden Oplev with Noomi Rapace, star of his Swedish film The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. In Dead Man Down, Rapace stars opposite Colin Farrell, Terrence Howard and Dominic Cooper.
FilmDistrict acquired U.S. rights to Dead Man Down during the Cannes Film Festival in May. IM Global and WWE Studios financed.
In the movie, Farrell plays a professional killer and right-hand man to an underground crime lord in New York City. When he’s seduced and blackmailed by a crime victim seeking retribution (Rapace), their intense relationship leads them to plot violent and cathartic plan for revenge.
Oplev directed from a script by J.H. Wyman, who also produced the film with Neal H. Moritz.
As of now, the only other movie opening April 5 is Fox’s untitled comedy starring Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day