- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
IM Global is behind the movie and is unveiling it at AFM. Neal Moritz is producing the movie with Ori Marmur via their Original Films banner. J.H. Wyman, a writer-exec producer on Fox’s sci-fi series Fringe, is also producing.
Wyman also wrote the script, a revenge tale featuring a mobster’s hitman (Farrell) who falls for a disfigured former beauty (Rapace), with the two of them going on a violent spree.
A shoot in early 2012 is being eyed.
Since breaking through with the international hit Dragon Tattoo in 2009, the ICM-repped Oplev has become attached to several Stateside projects, although none has yet gone before cameras.
Rapace, repped by UTA and Magnolia Entertainment, has also gone the Hollywood route since her portrayal of Lisbeth Salander in the Stieg Larsson adaptations, and will appear in December’s Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows and in next summer’s Ridley Scott’s sci-fi epic Prometheus.
Ferrell, repped by CAA, next stars in Columbia’s Total Recall and is reuniting with his In Bruge director Martin McDonagh for the quirky thriller Seven Psychopaths.
Wyman, repped by CAA, also wrote the Brad Pitt-Julia Roberts movie The Mexican.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day