- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Is Warner Bros. bringing Arthur & Lancelot back to life?
After scrapping the project, which was to have been directed by David Dobkin, earlier this year, Warners is in talks with Colin Farrell to potentially star in a revived version as Lancelot.
Last year, the studio cast Kit Harrington and Joel Kinnaman as the respective title characters in what was to have been a lighthearted action pic, similar in tone to Warners’ successful Sherlock Holmes franchise.
But in January the studio hit the brakes on the project, mainly due to budgetary concerns. Also factoring in was that neither of the actors had sufficient star clout to carry something of this nature.
It looked like the studio was going to focus on other King Arthur projects in its drawer (both Guy Ritchie and Bryan Singer have projects in development) but Dobkin and the producers, Charles Roven and Richard Suckle of Atlas Entertainment, kept the fires quietly burning.
Talks with Ferrell are at a very early stage but it could be the first step in the studio’s quest to rebuild Camelot.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day