- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Adrian Garcia Bogliano‘s Here Comes the Devil possessed audiences at the 2012 Toronto Film Festival. Then it slipped across the border to wow crowds at Fantastic Fest. Now, the Spanish-language horror film — self-described as “frightening,” “strange” and a “WTF-fest” — is preparing to strike fear nationwide. The first trailer for the movie owns the NSFW label.
Here Comes the Devil stars Francisco Barreiro and Laura Caro as parents whose son and daughter hike up a mountain and go missing without a trace. When the two siblings reappear, the family’s prayers are answered. That is, until it becomes clear that something happened in the mountain’s caves that night and its roots might be demonic.
Magnet Releasing will distribute Here Comes the Devil in theaters and VOD Dec. 13. Bogliano previously worked with the Magnolia genre label on the anthology film ABCs of Death.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day