- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Legendary Comics, the comic division of Legendary Entertainment, will launch Shadow Walk, a new graphic novel drawing upon the talents of Mark Waid, Shane Davis and Max Brooks in 2013. Set in a valley near modern-day Iraq, the tale will follow a small group of Special Ops soldiers sent into a region where soldiers have disappeared in the past. They are armed with two props: the skull of John the Baptist and a shard from the actual cross on which Jesus was crucified.
Waid (Kingdom Come, Daredevil), Davis (Final Crisis: Rage of the Red Lanterns, Superman: Earth One), and Brooks (The Zombie Survival Guide, G.I. Joe: Hearts & Minds) are expected to be on hand at Legendary’s Comic-Con panel Thursday afternoon.
Also scheduled to appear are Matt Wagner (Grendel, Mage) and Simon Bisley (2000 AD & Lobo), who are currently working on the division’s first, original IP release,The Tower Chronicles, which hits stores Sept. 28. With a story co-created by Legendary Entertainment chairman and CEO Thomas Tull, Chronicles creates a new mythology surrounding a bounty hunter storyline. Artist Jim Lee created the first cover for Chronicles, and cover art for the second book of Volume One, drawn by an another, yet-to-be-named artist, will also be revealed at the panel.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day