- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
There’s more Guardians of the Galaxy on the way.
Marvel ended its Hall H panel Saturday announcing the date for Guardians of the Galaxy 2, a sequel to the space adventure that opens next week.
In a mock video showing star Chris Pratt and director James Gunn, the release date was revealed to be July 28, 2017.
In the video, the two banter, seemingly unaware the camera is on and recording. The two giggle about how awesome it would be to reveal the date for the sequel and how mad Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige would be if they did.
Earlier, Josh Brolin took the stage wearing an Infinity Gauntlet — the ultimate weapon of the evil Thanos.
Brolin was already confirmed to appear as the villain — introduced in the end credits of 2012’s The Avengers — in Guardians of the Galaxy, but Marvel revealed during the panel the actor would also appear in Avengers: Age of Ultron.
“Josh brings all the weight and stature necessary for a character as iconic and significant as Thanos,” Feige said in a statement. “We’re incredibly excited for fans to see more of him as the Marvel Cinematic Universe continues to expand.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day