- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ava, the artificial intelligence at the heart of critically acclaimed sci-fi thriller Ex Machina, is making a comeback — kind of. 2000AD will be publishing a (very) limited-edition portfolio of artist Jock‘s concept art for the character, titled Ava Evolved.
According to the publisher, the portfolio will feature “early mood-pieces to detailed key concept art,” with the finished product being described as a “stunning sequence of drawings, paintings and collages are presented in a unique showcase format.” In addition to Ex Machina, Jock worked on 2012’s Dredd, written by Ex Machina director Alex Garland, as well as a number of comic strips and covers for 2000AD.
The 60-page portfolio, which will also include an introduction by Garland, will debut at next week’s San Diego Comic-Con before being sold exclusively online at 2000AD‘s online store (It’s currently available for pre-order ahead of its official release in August). It will be limited to just 500 copies.
San Diego Comic-Con runs July 8-12 at the San Diego Convention Center. For those rushing to buy Ava Evolved, the 2000AD booth is at 2806.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day