- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Among the zealous cosplayers and Joss Whedon fans, rock legends will be found walking the grounds of the San Diego Convention Center at this year’s Comic-Con.
Metallica will attend Comic-Con to promote its new feature film, Metallica Through the Never, which combines 3D footage of live performances with a narrative story featuring Dane DeHaan as a young roadie sent on an urgent mission during Metallica’s roaring live set in front of a sold-out arena.
On Friday, July 19 at 6:30 p.m., all four members of Metallica — James Hetfield, Lars Ulrich, Kirk Hammett and Robert Trujillo — will be present at a Hall H panel to discuss the upcoming film alongside DeHaan and writer-director Nimrod Antal.
Panel attendees will have the chance to win tickets and learn the location of an intimate live Metallica performance that will take place at a secret location somewhere in San Diego. The performance will take place later on that evening.
Metallica Through the Never has a North America Imax 3D release date of Sept. 27 and will expand into additional theaters Oct. 4.
Comic-Con runs July 17-21 in San Diego.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day