- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A true wizard is as comfortable in San Diego as he is climbing the mountains of Middle-earth, and Peter Jackson has the poster to prove it.
After wrapping a 266-day principal photography shoot for his two-part Hobbit epic, Jackson has released a poster promoting the Lord of the Rings prequel’s appearance at Comic-Con. The poster features Gandalf (Sir Ian McKellan) walking along a path in Hobbiton and looking like a wizard on a mission.
Hi everyone. Here’s an exclusive Comic-Con poster,” Jackson wrote on his Facebook page Saturday. “Be sure to get your copy in San Diego and let me know what you think of it! Cheers, Peter J.”
Fans can get a taste of the first Hobbit film July 14 in Hall H, during the Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures Preview.
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey is due in theaters Dec. 14, and The Hobbit: There and Back Again is expected a year later. The film stars Martin Freeman (The Office, Sherlock) as Bilbo Baggins, and features many castmembers from the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock, the upcoming Star Trek sequel) is providing motion capture and voicework as the Necromancer and Smaug.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day