- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Auction house Profiles in History is selling such prized collectibles as the original art for the famous Star Wars poster, a Christopher Reeve-worn Superman costume and a set of Wolverine’s claws on July 28.
Other items for sale include Ferris Bueller’s leather jacket, Star Wars and Star Trek props, costumes from movies ranging from Saving Private Ryan to Austin Powers and a bevy of vintage toys.
The priciest items, all estimated to fetch $60,000-$80,000, include the Superman costume, a Chewbacca head from the original Star Wars and Gene Wilder’s Willie Wonka costume.
The original drawing for the Star Wars poster carries an estimate of $20,000-$30,000.
Many of the items come from the collection of Chad Dreier, the former CEO of Ryland Homes, who accumulated one of the great private collections of entertainment and sports memorabilia, which he housed in a museum in Santa Barbara for the last decade. Dreier’s collecting focus has shifted and he’s decided to sell his collection.
The auction will be held on Saturday, July 28 at 11 a.m. at the Profiles in History offices in Calabassas, California. Viewers can also bid by phone, fax and internet.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day