- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
You wouldn’t have found Sam Raimi‘s name on any of the schedules for Friday’s Comic-Con programming, but the director dropped by to announce that he’s currently working on an Evil Dead TV series, which he’s co-writing with his brother Ivan.
Even better, he’s planning to draft Bruce Campbell — star of the first three Evil Dead films — to topline the series as well. Neither Raimi nor Campbell had any material involvement with the Evil Dead remake that hit theaters in 2013.
Raimi also confirmed that’s he’s producing a Last of Us film for Screen Gems, to be adapted from the apocalyptic 2013 PlayStation game. The game’s writer, Neil Druckmann, will tackle the script, but no director has been set. Both Raimi and Druckmann mentioned that they’ve met with Game of Thrones‘ Maisie Williams about joining the cast, presumably as Ellie, the young survivor at the heart of the game.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day