- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Marvel Studios might be rumored to be staying away from San Diego Comic-Con this year, but the same isn’t true of Disney sibling Lucasfilm, with a newly announced Star Wars line-up for this summer’s show spotlighting video games, publishing tie-ins and, of course, Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
The highlight of the seven Star Wars panels announced on StarWars.com is undoubtedly Friday’s Hall H presentation for the new movie, which will feature director J.J. Abrams, writer Lawrence Kasdan and Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy bring along “special guests” to provide what’s being described as “a special look” (read, new footage) for The Force Awakens.
Other panels taking place that day include a two-part Star Wars Publishing panel, Collectibles Update, Disney Infinity 3.0 and Hasbro panels spotlighting the merchandise spinning out of a galaxy far, far away, and a 40th anniversary celebration of Industrial Light + Magic.
The panel announcement also teases exclusive Star Wars: The Force Awakens product for the show (although no details were revealed just yet). San Diego Comic-Con runs July 9-12 at the San Diego Convention Center. Expect Friday to be dominated almost entirely by the war between the light side and dark sides of the Force.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Tonight Show