- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The film, previously titled All You Need Is Kill, has also undergone a title change and will now be called Edge of Tomorrow. The Warner Bros./Village Roadshow feature has been slated for a June 6, 2014, release in 2D, 3D and Imax.
Directed by Doug Liman and based on the Hiroshi Sakurazaka book All You Need Is Kill, Edge of Tomorrow takes place in the near future in which an alien race unbeatable by any military unit in the world has hit Earth with an unrelenting assault.
Lt. Col. Bill Cage (Cruise), who has never been in combat, is dropped into what becomes a suicide mission. After being killed within minutes, Cage finds himself thrown into a time loop that forces him to go through the combat and death repeatedly. Each time Cage engages the enemy with more skill, along with Special Forces’ Rita Vrataski (Blunt), and they get closer to defeating the enemy.
Rounding out the cast are Bill Paxton, Kick Gurry, Dragomir Mrsic, Charlotte Riley, Jonas Armstrong and Franz Drameh. The screenplay was written by Dante W. Harper, Jez Butterworth & John-Henry Butterworth, and Christopher McQuarrie.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day