- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tom Cruise made his first ever Comic-Con appearance for Edge of Tomorrow, his sci-fi action movie for Warner Bros. previously titled All You Need Is Kill.
Cruise had the crowd roaring from his first step and then kicked up the showmanship a notch when he belted out a few lines from I Want to Know What Love Is with moderator Chris Hardwick. Cruise played Stacee Jaxx in Rock of Ages and he mentioned that Hardwick played the part when the play was just a small stage production in L.A.
Cruise praised Christopher McQuarrie’s Edge of Tomorrow script for its humor and its uniqueness. “The alien invasion film has become a trope,” said Cruise. “People understand the language of genre but now we can get into this kind of character journey.”
Cruise was gracious and humble during the appearance. “I just want to entertain you all,” he said. “It’s a dream of mine and an honor. Every day I think what I’d like to see or what you’d like to see.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day