- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The international trailer for Concussion has been released, featuring Will Smith as Dr. Bennet Omalu. The controversial film focuses on Omalu’s discovery of football-related brain trauma and the battle he endured to make his findings public.
In the trailer, Smith’s Omalu talks to his dead patients while he performs their autopsy. It also shows NFL executives reacting to Omalu’s research and his subsequent meeting with the press. “If I continue to speak, things could get very difficult,” says Smith.
Alec Baldwin plays another doctor, Julian Bailes, who works with Smith’s Omalu to persuade the NFL to acknowledge the link between football injuries and chronic traumatic encephelopathy.
Gugu Mbatha-Raw and Albert Brooks also star in the film. Watch the new trailer below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Behind The Screen