- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
COLOGNE, Germany – Constantin Film has signed up German comedian Bluent Ceylan to turn his hit stand-up routines into a feature film.
Ceylan’s comedy focuses on culture clash between the country’s ethnic German and Turkish communities. He also hosts his own successful TV show on leading commercial network RTL, which just wrapped its second season. The Bluent Ceylan Show, with its combination of sketch comedy and live performance – as well as its focus on racial stereotypes – is comparable to Comedy Central’s Chappelle’s Show.
Ceylan will co-develop and star in the planned feature film project, which Constantin’s Oliver Berben will produce. Martin Moszkowicz, Constantin’s head of film and television, will act as executive producer.
Constantin’s deal with Ceylan follows the company’s successful collaboration with another German stand-up star, Mario Barth, whose debut film Mannersache (2009) Constantin produced and which earned more than $17 million at the German box office. Barth’s follow-up, The Couples Therapist, is currently in development.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day