- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
David Gyasi has signed on to Donovan Marsh’s submarine action-thriller Hunter Killer.
The British actor, who has appeared in Interstellar and the CW series Containment, joins Gerard Butler, Gary Oldman, Common and Billy Bob Thorton in the film.
Based on the novel Firing Point by George Wallace and Don Keith, Hunter Killer is set below the polar ice cap and centers on a submarine commander who teams with a group of U.S. Navy SEALs to rescue the Russian president that has been kidnapped by a rogue general. It is up to the untested submarine commander and his crew to keep Russia and the U.S. from the brink of a nuclear confrontation.
Gyasi will play the Chief of the Boat on the submarine USS Omaha.
Hunter Killer was originally set up with Relativity, and was caught in limbo when the company filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Millennium Films (Expendables) is now producing the project with Neal Moritz and Toby Jaffe of Original Film (Fast 8). Former Relativity president Tucker Tooley also is producing through his Tooley Productions, along with Alan Siegel.
Filming is set to begin this week in London.
Gyasi recently wrapped on Alex Garland’s Annihilation. Previous credits include The Dark Knight Rises, Cloud Atlas and Red Tails. He is repped by Management 360 and United Agents.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day