- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
HONG KONG – Local cop thriller That Demon Within topped the box office during the four-day Easter holiday in Hong Kong, with Captain America: The Winter Soldier hot on its heels.
According to the Hong Kong Box Office Ltd, a subsidiary of the Hong Kong Motion Pictures Industry Association and the Hong Kong Theatres Association, Emperor Motion Pictures’ That Demon Within, directed by Dante Lam, raked in HK$7.8 million ($1 million) during the four-day Easter period, running April 18- 21. Captain America: The Winter Soldier took $964,000, for a cume of $6.4 million since its April 3 bow.
The animated feature Rio 2 came in third, taking $758,000 during the same period.
The controversial surrealist horror flick The Midnight After by director Fruit Chan was still going strong in its second week of release, raking in $566,000 during the four-day weekend, for a total gross of $2.2 million. Also notable was 3D Naked Ambition, which took $128,000 during the holidays, for a total of $1.9 million since its release on April 3.
The total box office for the four-day holiday was $4.3 million, a 1.76 percent increase from the same period in 2013.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day