- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Coronado Island Film Festival, set to run Jan. 15-18, has announced its opening- and closing-night screenings.
Disney’s The Finest Hours will open the event. The film, directed by Craig Gillespie, stars Chris Pine, Casey Affleck and Ben Foster in the true story of the greatest small-boat rescue in Coast Guard history.
The closing-night pic will be the awards contender 45 Years, which stars Charlotte Rampling and Tom Courtenay as a married couple who experience relationship issues leading up to their 45th wedding anniversary.
“We could not be happier with the way the festival roster of programming and films are shaping up,” said fest founder and co-executive director Doug St. Denis.
The event will also feature a special bonfire and screening of the iconic 1958 movie Some Like It Hot, which was filmed at the San Diego-adjacent island’s infamous Hotel del Coronado.
The Coronado Island Film Festival will hold film screenings at various theaters around the beach community.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day