- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rainer Gombos — a visual effects supervisor who won an Emmy for Game of Thrones and is nominated this year for Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey — has joined virtual reality firm 8i as its executive creative director.
?Based in Wellington, New Zealand, 8i is a virtual reality technology startup aiming to develop the “next generation of 3D,” which it calls 8iVR. The company recently closed a $1 million seed investment round.
“I am thrilled to be joining 8i’s team of visionaries and expert technicians in developing what is clearly the future of content viewing,” said Gombos.??
?8i co-founder Sebastian Marino, a Weta alum and Sci-Tech Oscar winner, said: “Rainer is a top-tier visual effects supervisor with exceptional performance in producing cutting edge content. His extensive experience across the entire production pipeline will be invaluable to 8i.”??
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day