- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Cougar Town star Christa Miller has boarded indie comedy Hot Air.
The actress now joins Justified‘s Jere Burns, Criminal Minds‘ Matthew Gray Gubler and musician-actress Schuyler Fisk in the movie that Derek Sieg is directing.
Hot Air revolves around a burned-out lothario (Burns) who fakes his own death in order to escape a life sentence in jail, only to meet the son he never knew he had (Gubler) at his own funeral. Sieg co-wrote the script with Jeremy Goldstein.
Miller is the woman Burns’ character should have married, but let get away.
The project, which is produced by Kyle Fischer, Dave Szamet and Goldstein, is shooting in Austin, Texas.
Miller has appeared alongside Courteney Cox in Cougar Town since the show’s inception in 2009. The comedic actress appeared for nine seasons on Scrubs and also starred in The Drew Carey Show.
She is repped by ICM Partners and Principato Young Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day