- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Room star Jacob Tremblay — who is only 9 years old — was named best young actor/actress and gave a literally “awww“-inducing acceptance speech at Sunday night’s Critics Choice Awards.
“This is super cool. This is the best day of my life,” he said in accepting his trophy. The younger actor had to stand on a box to reach the mic, which still covered his face; presenter Bradley James then picked up and held the mic so Tremblay could be seen.
Tremblay also added that he wanted to thank the voters: “It must be a super hard vote because of all the other great actors in this category.”
He also thanked his parents, saying “I love them very much.”
During the speech, the camera cut to many people in the audience — including Tracee Ellis Ross — who were visibly moved by his earnestness.
The young actor continued to win over the room — and also earned laughs — by declaring he knew exactly where he was going to display his newly won trophy: “on the shelf right beside my Millennium Falcon.”
Watch his speech below.