- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
On March 27, 1992, Moira Kelly and D.B. Sweeney heated up the ice rink on the big screen as mismatched Olympians Kate Moseley and Doug Dorsey in The Cutting Edge.
Moseley — a rich, stuck-up figure skater — is paired up with working-class former hockey player Dorsey after an injury derails his NHL dreams. They instantly clash. (Among other barbs, she asks him if he can read, tells him “don’t quit your day job” and asks their coach if they can “teach it to breathe with its mouth closed.”) But as the duo work together and advance to the Olympics, the ice melts and the two realize they’re in love with each other.
The movie only made about $25 million at the domestic box office but went on to become a fan favorite, spawning two made-for-TV sequels. The pic, written by Tony Gilroy and directed by Paul M. Glaser, also starred Terry O’Quinn.
In celebration of The Cutting Edge‘s 25th anniversary, test your knowledge of the film in the quiz below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day