- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Disney has found some of its magic for its live-action retelling of Pinocchio.
Cynthia Erivo and Joseph Gordon-Levitt have been tapped to play Disney icons the Blue Fairy and Jiminy Cricket in the feature project that is being directed by Robert Zemeckis.
The duo join Tom Hanks, who is plating Geppetto, and has been associated with the long-gestating project since 2018. The project is combining live-action and heavy visual effects.
Also coming on board this whale of a tale is Benjamin Evan Ainsworth (Flora and Ulysses), who will voice the title character of Pinocchio, and Keegan-Michael Key as the voice of Honest John. Lorraine Bracco is playing the voice of Sofia the Seagull, a new character.
Pinocchio will begin production this month in the U.K. and will debut on Disney+.
Andrew Miano and Weitz are producing through their company Depth of Field along with Zemeckis’ Imagemovers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day