- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Cynthia Nixon will be honored at the Provincetown International Film Festival, which will present her with its 2016 Excellence in Acting Award.
The festival, which runs from June 15 to 19 in Provincetown, Mass., will host a special ceremony recognizing Nixon on June 18 at Provincetown’s Town Hall.
Nixon, who is currently appearing in Pamela Romanowsky’s The Adderall Diaries and who will be seen as Emily Dickinson in Terence Davies’ A Quiet Passion, has also starred in HBO’s hit series Sex and the City and its two film spin-offs. Her recent projects include Showtime’s The Affair, Comedy Central’s Broad City, Josh Mond’s James White, Richard Loncraine’s 5 Flights Up and Nikole Beckwith’s Stockholm, Pennsylvania.
“We are thrilled to honor Cynthia Nixon’s remarkable versatility and talent as evidenced by the sheer depth and volume of her film, TV, and stage performances, her work with the top directors in the world, and her ability to successfully engage the worlds of super stardom and the art house elite,” said Christine Walker, executive director of PIFF and CEO of the Provincetown Film Society.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day